New Tobacco Education Coordinators (TEC) Orientation Training
This orientation training will answer the following questions:
- What am I supposed to be doing in my role as TEC?
- Am I in charge of making people quit smoking?
- What are BSAS program requirements for addressing tobacco/nicotine use, including e-cigarettes?
- Why address tobacco and e-cigarette use in substance use treatment programs?
- What are the TEC meetings?
- How can I start a tobacco/nicotine awareness group?
- What resources can I provide to clients? To other staff?
- We have a limited budget – how can I get posters and pamphlets?
- How can I involve co-workers in these efforts?
- Who can I consult with if I have questions in the future about the TEC role?
Who should attend?
BSAS Tobacco Education Coordinators who are new to the position, and those who have only attended one regional TEC meeting.